#2372: Fatal error in PMPI_Comm_rank: Invalid communicator
Reporter:Jason Kodish
Status:new
Milestone:ET_2020_05
Version:ET_2019_10
Type:bug
Priority:major
Component:SimFactory

I have set up the Einstein Toolkit on an Ubuntu 18 computer. The compiliation went ok and has completed. When I run the helloworld example it fails

Fatal error in PMPI_Comm_rank: Invalid communicator, error stack:
PMPI_Comm_rank(110): MPI_Comm_rank(comm=0xe1466d00, rank=0x7ffdf5c14c78) failed
PMPI_Comm_rank(68).: Invalid communicator
[unset]: write_line error; fd=-1 buf=:cmd=abort exitcode=403262725
system msg for write_line failure : Bad file descriptor
Sun Apr 26 19:54:17 MDT 2020

‌

This is after a clean compilation based on the documentation found found here:

https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb

from what I can dig up from google it seems like some kind of mpi mismatch, but isn’t this supposed to compile it’s own MPI?
Can I force it to do that?

I don’t know how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. I can delete everything and start over if needed

Thank you

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2372/fatal-error-in-pmpi_comm_rank-invalid