#1717: hwloc: lnuma & lltdl *really* required?
| Reporter: | Zach Etienne |
| Status: | resolved |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | development version |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Changes (by Roland Haas):
| status: | resolved (was open) |
I downloaded the ET devel version (ca. Nov 26) on my (ubuntu) laptop and compiled it, using gcc.
I compiled to the linker stage, and the linker complained: ld: cannot find -lnuma ld: cannot find -lltdl
I found references to these libraries in: configs/[buildname]/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.HWLOC.defn
After removing these references, the code compiled and seemed (on the surface) to run okay. Are these libraries really necessary?
I ask because every time I need to install ET on a new machine, it would be more convenient if the step "apt-get install libnuma-dev libltdl-dev" were left out, particularly since reliable Internet access may not exist at that time.
Keyword:
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1717/hwloc-lnuma-lltdl-really-required