#2256: transfer ET wiki from mediawiki to bitbucket wiki (markdown)
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | task |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit website |
Comment (by Ian Hinder):
Does anyone have any experience with using a Bitbucket wiki for such a large project? When I used the Bitbucket wiki a few years ago, I found the whole experience very painful. Unless someone has more recent and better experience, I would maybe try this out for a less visible project than the ET. Roland: I know NCSA uses Confluence, but I don’t know if the wikis are the same.
With Mediawiki, we benefit from the fact that there is a huge ecosystem of plugins and extensions and a long history of people adding desired features. It’s also open source. The Bitbucket wiki is, as far as I know, closed source, and almost certainly not as extensible.
Thoughts?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2256/transfer-et-wiki-from-mediawiki-to