#2425: param.ccl code creators creates incorrect C code if parameter description is missing
Reporter:Roland Haas
Status:new
Milestone:
Version:
Type:bug
Priority:major
Component:Cactus

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Technically I reported that CST does not complain and instead generates code that does not compile.

Thank you. This patch seems to work for me.

I had a look what the corresponding error message in the pre-piraha parser looked like (around line 419 of parameters_parser.pl):

&CST_error(0, "Missing description for parameter $variable in " .
              "param.ccl for thorn $thorn.",
           "The first line of each parameter definition must have " .
              "the syntax <TYPE> <NAME> <\"DESCRIPTION\">",
           __LINE__, __FILE__);                                                             

and would like to suggest to use that text to address this regression (mostly for the hint, the error message text is almost identical). However I would also suggest retaining $guts->linenum(), $ccl_file that the patch has instead of reverting to __LINE__, __FILE__ which, as far as I can tell would give line number and file name of the Perl script which is (much) less useful than the file name and line number of the param.ccl file.

Please apply.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2425/paramccl-code-creators-creates-incorrect-c