#2455: Cannot build ET: Assumed-rank argument requires an explicit interface at (1)
| Reporter: | Hercules Jack |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | blocker |
| Component: |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
This code as added to support gfortran-10.
I am not quite sure I fully understand the error message that gfortran-4.8.5 produces, namely the code that it complains about is:
CCTK_POINTER function CCTK_PointerTo(var) use iso_c_binding, only: c_loc implicit none type(*), dimension(..), TARGET :: var CCTK_POINTER :: address address = transfer(c_loc(var), address) CCTK_PointerTo = address end function
which has full specification for var and an interface for c_loc from the iso_c_binding module.
If possible I would suggest using a newer compiler, eg gfortran-6 should work. If that is not possible you will have to either go back to check out ET_2020_05_v0 instead of the branch ET_2020_05 or (manually) edit configs/sim/config-data/cctk_Config.h and change HAVE_CCTK_F_TYPE_STAR from 1 to 0.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2455/cannot-build-et-assumed-rank-argument