#1326: running loopcontrol on strange number of threads fails
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
I recently attempted to run the gallery example on Deep Bayou. I set OMP_NUM_THREADS=4, and asked for 12 procs to run on the node (which has 48 cores according to lscpu). Cactus failed with this message cactus_sim: /nvme/sbrandt/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/loopcontrol.cc:264: T <unnamed>::divexact(T, T) [with T = int]: Assertion i % j == 0' faile
It also said INFO (Carpet): This process runs on 24 cores. At Roland’s suggestion, I tried adding LoopControl::use_smt_threads = "no" to the par file and all was well. Maybe “no” is a more sensible default?
Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 48 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-47 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s)--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1326/running-loopcontrol-on-strange-number-of