#2696: Update kuibit to 1.4.0
| Reporter: | Gabriele Bozzola |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | ET_2023_05 |
| Version: | |
| Type: | enhancement |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: |
Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):
In that case, kuibit 1.3.6 will still work.
Unfortunately, it is pretty much impossible to support at the same time Python 3.7 and Python 3.11 if I want to ensure that all the dependencies are satisfied and known to be compatible.
I am acutely aware of how clusters are stuck back in time, and I tried hard to see if I could squeeze in at least Python 3.7. Given NEP29, that meant hard-coding a several versions of packages specifically for Python 3.7, and the result was that the dependency solver wouldn’t even convergence. (At the moment, the usage of features available only in Python>3.7 is either 0 or very minimal, so the main problem is with the dependencies.)
We can discuss how to handle this, but form a technical point of view the only solution is to forgo any check on the dependency tree and cross fingers that things will install and work (as 80% of the Python world routinely does anyway).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2696/update-kuibit-to-140