#305: Machine entry in defs.local.ini but not in mdb leads to bad error message
| Reporter: | Ian Hinder |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | SimFactory |
Changes (by Roland Haas):
| status: | open (was new) |
If I have an entry for my local machine in defs.local.ini but I do not have an mdb file for it, I get the following error:
MacBook:llama ian$ sim2 sync datura Error: required key basedir in section macbook is missing
This does not tell me what the problem is. I would expect to get the same error as when the section is not present:
MacBook:llama ian$ sim2 sync damiana Unknown machine name macbook Info: Simfactory command: simfactory2/bin/../lib/sim.py "sync" "damiana" Info: Version 1230 The Simulation Factory: Manage Cactus simulations
Info: defs: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama/simfactory2/etc/defs.ini Info: defs.local: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama/simfactory2/etc/defs.local.ini Error: Unknown local machine macbook. Please use 'sim setup' to create a local machine entry from the generic template.
Keyword:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Pull request is here: https://bitbucket.org/simfactory/simfactory2/pull-requests/38/rhaas-udbwarnings/diff
The commit of interest is "simdb: remove incomplete udb entries with warning" with the others setting things up and / or removing some strange behaviour.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/305/machine-entry-in-defslocalini-but-not-in