#2046: list of ET members out of date
Reporter:Roland Haas
Status:new
Milestone:
Version:development version
Type:bug
Priority:minor
Component:EinsteinToolkit website

Comment (by Ian Hinder):

There is also the question of what this list of “members” is supposed to represent. Is it people who are actively using the toolkit, or all people who have ever used the toolkit? “Members” of a consortium, I think, should be the former. If we wanted to, we could then have “alumni” who are no longer using the toolkit. This would be a fairer representation; e.g. when applying for funding and stating the size of the consortium, it is an exaggeration to say that all the people on that page will benefit from whatever we are applying for, as many of them are likely no longer using the toolkit.

If we are listing the affiliation, we should make sure it is accurate. Come to think of it: are we in violation of the GDPR by even continuing to have this page here? I suspect so.

I propose:

This is probably not something we want to do manually, at least, not every year. Probably we want to do it manually the first time.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2046/list-of-et-members-out-of-date