#2428: Possible issue between ExternalLibraries/FFTW3 thorn and the Cactus/lib/sbin/strip-incdirs.sh script
| Reporter: | Federico Cipolletta |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Comment (by Federico Cipolletta):
I would like to add one NOTE like the following in each of the documentation (e.g. at section B2.2 of Cactus User Guide):
“NOTE: each thorn contained in Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries will automatically adopt the library version contained in the Cactus/arrangements/<library>/dist folder. If another location is specified via the THORN_DIR variable in the machine.cfg file at compilation, then the Cactus/lib/sbin/strip-incdirs.sh script will automatically strip away (for safety reasons) the locations:
1. /include
2. /usr/include
3. /usr/local/include
locations. Therefore, if there is any need for using one already installed version of one external library, the aforementioned location should be avoided (e.g. indicating /home as the THORN_DIR will work with no problems if the required library is installed there).”
Do you agree with that?
Can I simply edit the checkout file from github, commit it and push (as I have been added to the ET developers)?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2428/possible-issue-between-externallibraries