#2344: presync fails to parse WaveToyOpenCL's schedule.ccl
Reporter:Roland Haas
Status:new
Milestone:
Version:
Type:bug
Priority:critical
Component:EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Roland Haas):

ok. Ah, I think I misunderstood you then. Yes, making groups case insensitive is likely doable. On the other hand: they never were, so making them now (and documenting so) requires that we check that they are case insensitive everywhere they are used, which is extra work which I did not want to advocate for 🙂 . I was trying to push for READ / WRITE to be case insensitive since they are new and appear in places and have a feeling similar to SYNC which is not case sensitive. The schedule groups are a bit like scheduled function for which we already have both case sensitive (C functions) and insensitive (Fortran function) cases (and Cactus users trained to remember to make groups case sensitive). There would be an a dvantage of having them case insensitive in that at avoids scheduling in non-existing groups if one get the capitalization (eg MoL_Foo vs. MOL_Foo or EoS_Foo vs. EOS_Foo) wrong, which only results in a warning but no error (cannot result in error unfortunately since non-existent groups area feature).

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2344/presync-fails-to-parse-wavetoyopencls