#2455: Cannot build ET: Assumed-rank argument requires an explicit interface at (1)
| Reporter: | Hercules Jack |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | blocker |
| Component: |
Hi ET Experts,
I’m trying to build ET, on RHEL 7.3 with GCC 4.8.5, but encountered the following issue:
COMPILING Cactus/util/PointerTo.F90
/gpfs/share/home/1600011339/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/build/Cactus/util/PointerTo.f90:6.27:
address = transfer(c_loc(var), address)
1
Error: Assumed-rank argument requires an explicit interface at (1)
make[3]: *** [PointerTo.F90.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [util/make.checked] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [/gpfs/share/home/1600011339/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Cactus.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [sim] Error 2
I once successfully built ET on the same machine a few months ago, so I guess it’s some recent updates in PointerTo.F90 that leads to this issue. Please let me know if you need any other information to debug this, thanks!
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2455/cannot-build-et-assumed-rank-argument