Ian

It's likely that Cactus does not contain a generic type-safe wrapper for syev. In this case, you need to call the original Lapack routine directly, e.g. dsyev if you are using double precision. (You need to add one character depending on the type, either s, d, c, or z.)

-erik


On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
Hi,

What is the correct way to call a BLAS routine from a Fortran Cactus thorn? I am trying to compile the LlamaWaveToy, and it does this:

subroutine LWT_min_spacing (CCTK_ARGUMENTS)
  use lapack
...
           call syev ('N', 'U', 3, gg, 3, ev, work, lwork, info)

and at link time, I get

/home/ianhin/Cactus/EinsteinToolkitGit/configs/etllama/lib/libthorn_LlamaWaveToy.a(min_spacing.F90.o): In function `lwt_min_spacing':
/home/ianhin/Cactus/EinsteinToolkitGit/arrangements/Llama/LlamaWaveToy/src/min_spacing.F90:38: undefined reference to `syev_'

Do I need to do something special to make the symbol found, or to convert Fortran to C names, etc?

--
Ian Hinder
http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users



--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/