Aha, it looks like you have found a bug. Congratulations! A similar problem was discussed in https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1936#comment:4 for the QuasiLocalMeasures thorn. The solution is to merge the multiple tags entries. It's called "development version" for a reason :) There is also a problem with the ADMConstraints thorn. I have fixed both of these.
This is great, thanks a lot Ian. I tested it and the GW150914 now compiles on Stampede-KNL. I will run a test job and see if there are any further issues.
You will need to be more specific about what you mean by "analyse the performance". What do you want to know?
I simply want to compute the wall time taken per iteration, and per coordinate time or roughly the speed of the code. So all I need is to output iteration, coordinate time and walltime
at that point of simulation. Is there some thorn for that?
> Lastly, I am still stuck with the BBox error on the GT code. Could you please suggest on how can I resolve this?
I didn't understand the email that you sent about this. We said that the bug was in the Intel 17 compiler, and that you should be able to fix the problem by using the development version of the toolkit, since a workaround has been added there. It looks like
you are now using the development version, so the problem shouldn't be there any more. Does the development version still not work?
The code of Georgia Tech also uses Cactus interface and I am trying to compile it on Stampede-KNL. I tried using the same machine files and optionlist but ran into the same BBox
error (for the Georgia Tech code) which I mentioned on the call . Since the ETK development version does not have this issue properly, I tried updating the Cactus
infrastructure of GT code using this version but again run into some errors. I will first try to test if I can get ETK to work properly on Stampede-KNL and then probably send a more detailed update with the errors I get for this case.
Thank you so much Ian.
.............................
Bhavesh Khamesra
Graduate Student
Centre of Relativistic Astrophysics
Georgia Institute of Technology