Dear group,

I have updated the VM.  The new copy is available at http://cct.lsu.edu/~dcastl2.  I had wanted to use rsync this time, but couldn't get to it.  I plan to configure anonymous rsync today.

Regards,


Dennis Castleberry
dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu


On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Frank Loeffler <knarf@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:49:11PM -0700, Roland Haas wrote:
> There is no GUI editor installed (xedit does not count :-) ) and we
> probably don't want to teach all new user how to use vim (though I am
> all for it).

While I agree that we probably should have some gui editors, what makes
gui important? An easy-to-use editor like nano should be fine, shouldn't
it? A gui itself doesn't make it easier to use an editor, otherwise
everyone would use gvim. :)

Are there other 'popular' small editors which we should provide?

Frank


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
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=/A2e
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users