Dear Colleagues,
Hi Erik,Yes, should be loaded automatically. Find strange they don't.I use ./simfactory/bin/sim build from the Cactus directory (I tried adding --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th) but I keep gettingUsing configuration: simReconfiguring simWriting configuration to: /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/OptionList/bin/bash: module: command not found
I tried deleting the module commands in simfactory/mdb/machines/hopper.iniand doing them by hand.I got more output (attached) but an error anyway.This tries are from scratch, I loaded ETK fromthe development version, as you tried.It seems to me the problem is related to the configuration of my account. But I did not change the defaults.Best,JoseOn Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
Jose
The modules that are loaded automatically should not matter;
Simfactory should do the right thing anyway.
What command do you use to compile? I use
./bin/sim build --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
-erik
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira <jafiestas@lbl.gov> wrote:
> Sorri pgi compilers, not pig :)
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira <jafiestas@lbl.gov>
> wrote:
>>
>> You have loaded the pig compilers. I tried both pig and intel without
>> success. It is something related to the configuration. I get:
>> Internal error - couldn't enter
>> '/global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/config-data'
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jose
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> $ module list
>>> Currently Loaded Modulefiles:
>>> 1) modules/3.2.6.6
>>> 2) xtpe-network-gemini
>>> 3) pgi/11.9.0
>>> 4) xt-libsci/11.0.03
>>> 5) udreg/2.3.1-1.0400.3911.5.13.gem
>>> 6) ugni/2.3-1.0400.4127.5.20.gem
>>> 7) pmi/3.0.0-1.0000.8661.28.2807.gem
>>> 8) dmapp/3.2.1-1.0400.3965.10.63.gem
>>> 9) gni-headers/2.1-1.0400.4156.6.1.gem
>>> 10) xpmem/0.1-2.0400.30792.5.6.gem
>>> 11) xe-sysroot/4.0.36
>>> 12) xt-asyncpe/5.04
>>> 13) atp/1.3.0
>>> 14) PrgEnv-pgi/4.0.36
>>> 15) eswrap/1.0.10
>>> 16) xtpe-mc12
>>> 17) xt-shmem/5.4.0
>>> 18) xt-mpich2/5.4.0
>>> 19) torque/2.5.9
>>> 20) moab/6.1.4
>>>
>>> -erik
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira <jafiestas@lbl.gov>
>>> wrote:
>>> > Erik,
>>> > I suspect the default modules I loaded are not sufficient, because I am
>>> > not
>>> > doing more than 'simfactory/bin/sim setup' and 'simfactory/bin/sim
>>> > build'.
>>> > Could you please send me a 'module list' of your account to compare
>>> > with
>>> > mine?
>>> > Best,
>>> > Jose
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Erik Schnetter
>>> > <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> > wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >> Jose
>>> >>
>>> >> I just built the ET from scratch and ran the test cases there. All
>>> >> went fine on Hopper, no problems at all.
>>> >>
>>> >> -erik
>>> >>
>>> >> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Erik Schnetter
>>> >> <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> wrote:
>>> >> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira
>>> >> > <jafiestas@lbl.gov>
>>> >> > wrote:
>>> >> >> Hi Erik,
>>> >> >>
>>> >> >> I am getting in Hopper the same error after simfactory/bin/sim
>>> >> >> build:
>>> >> >> Using configuration: sim
>>> >> >> Reconfiguring sim
>>> >> >> Writing configuration to:
>>> >> >> /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/OptionList
>>> >> >> /bin/bash: module: command not found
>>> >> >> fiestas@hopper10:~/CACTUS/Cactus> exit
>>> >> >> exit
>>> >> >>
>>> >> >> Could you install it without problems?
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Yes. I am not seeing these problems. Maybe they are specific to your
>>> >> > account settings? Could you investigate where the "module" command
>>> >> > is
>>> >> > used?
>>> >> >
>>> >> >> A question. Should I set hopper10 as:
>>> >> >> key allocation []
>>> >> >
>>> >> > I don't know what you mean by this.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > The allocation on Hopper is the "repository" there; it is e.g.
>>> >> > "m152"
>>> >> > for me.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > -erik,
>>> >> >
>>> >> >> Thanks,
>>> >> >> Jose
>>> >> >>
>>> >> >>
>>> >> >> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Jose Fiestas Iquira
>>> >> >> <jafiestas@lbl.gov>
>>> >> >> wrote:
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>> You mean this version?
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>> http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk/einsteintoolkit.th
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>> I am trying now in a new directory. I had installed Cactus, the
>>> >> >>> Wavetoy
>>> >> >>> and ETk in the same place and probably there were some conflicts.
>>> >> >>> That
>>> >> >>> is
>>> >> >>> where I got the module error. Hope doing it new works well as in
>>> >> >>> your
>>> >> >>> case.
>>> >> >>> Did you follow the tutorial in the ETK page for new users?
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>> Cheers,
>>> >> >>> Jose
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Erik Schnetter
>>> >> >>> <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> >>> wrote:
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> Jose
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> No, things didn't work on Carver. I received errors, but didn't
>>> >> >>>> investigate, mostly because I dislike the PGI compiler.
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> I'm building on Hopper as we speak, using the Intel compiler, and
>>> >> >>>> things are going fine.
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> I'm using the development version of the ET, not the release from
>>> >> >>>> last
>>> >> >>>> autumn, though.
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> -erik
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira
>>> >> >>>> <jafiestas@lbl.gov>
>>> >> >>>> wrote:
>>> >> >>>> > Hi Erik,
>>> >> >>>> > The problem with module (?) came actually when I tried it in
>>> >> >>>> > Hopper.
>>> >> >>>> > There
>>> >> >>>> > is no special need for Carver, Hopper would be fine. Did your
>>> >> >>>> > try
>>> >> >>>> > in
>>> >> >>>> > Carver
>>> >> >>>> > worked, anyway?
>>> >> >>>> > Best,
>>> >> >>>> > Jose
>>> >> >>>> >
>>> >> >>>> >
>>> >> >>>> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Erik Schnetter
>>> >> >>>> > <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> >>>> > wrote:
>>> >> >>>> >>
>>> >> >>>> >> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira
>>> >> >>>> >> <jafiestas@lbl.gov>
>>> >> >>>> >> wrote:
>>> >> >>>> >> > It was like these:
>>> >> >>>> >> > ....
>>> >> >>>> >> > COMPILING
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/loopcontrol.c
>>> >> >>>> >> > PGC-W-0155-parallel for loop variable must be local k
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > (/global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c:
>>> >> >>>> >> > 1080)
>>> >> >>>> >> > PGC-S-0094-Illegal type conversion required
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > (/global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c:
>>> >> >>>> >> > 1080)
>>> >> >>>> >> > PGC-S-0094-Illegal type conversion required
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > (/global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c:
>>> >> >>>> >> > 1080)
>>> >> >>>> >> > PGC/x86-64 Linux 9.0-3: compilation completed with severe
>>> >> >>>> >> > errors
>>> >> >>>> >> > make[3]: *** [loopcontrol.c.o] Error 2
>>> >> >>>> >> > make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2
>>> >> >>>> >> > make[1]: ***
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > [/global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_LoopControl.a]
>>> >> >>>> >> > Error 2
>>> >> >>>> >> > make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>>> >> >>>> >> > .....
>>> >> >>>> >> > COMPILING
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/IDAxiBrillBH/src/ParamCheck.c
>>> >> >>>> >> > Creating
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_IDAnalyticBH.a
>>> >> >>>> >> > Creating
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_IDAxiBrillBH.a
>>> >> >>>> >> > Creating
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > /global/u1/f/fiestas/CACTUS/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_IDAxiOddBrillBH.a
>>> >> >>>> >> > make: *** [sim] Error 2
>>> >> >>>> >> >
>>> >> >>>> >> > I am trying hopper now. Let see.
>>> >> >>>> >>
>>> >> >>>> >> Is there a reason why you want to use Carver, or would another
>>> >> >>>> >> machine
>>> >> >>>> >> be fine as well?
>>> >> >>>> >>
>>> >> >>>> >> The PGI compilers are often a bit peculiar; I prefer the Intel
>>> >> >>>> >> compilers. Let me try to build on Hopper -- this should work
>>> >> >>>> >> fine,
>>> >> >>>> >> I
>>> >> >>>> >> can then help you there.
>>> >> >>>> >>
>>> >> >>>> >> -erik
>>> >> >>>> >>
>>> >> >>>> >> --
>>> >> >>>> >> Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> >>>> >> http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
>>> >> >>>> >
>>> >> >>>> >
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>>
>>> >> >>>> --
>>> >> >>>> Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> >>>> http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>>
>>> >> >>
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> > --
>>> >> > Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> > http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> >> http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
>>> http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
>>
>>
>
--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/