I Ian,

I am not getting an informative error message. Instead the simulation aborts/terminates when interpolating coordinate values (I'm using the Llama multi-patch system), before initial data calculation. In an equivalent run where I have set a few levels, the simulation runs though properly. But I want to test without mesh refinement because my simulation crashes early; I just want to make sure the crash is not due to some funny stuffy occurring at grid boundaries, for instance.


On 01/11/2017 22:56, Ian Hinder wrote:

On 1 Nov 2017, at 19:10, dumsani <g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za> wrote:

Hi,

I am to run a simulation with Carpet in "ungrid" mode, that is, without
mesh refinement. I don't seem to get it right. What's options do I need
to set? Apart from setting Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 1, what else
does one have to specify in orer to get a run with only one grid?

Hi Dumsani,

What goes wrong?  Do you get an error message?  You don't even have to set max_refinement_levels to 1; you just have to make sure you don't ask for any more than 1 refinement level from CarpetRegrid2.