I recall that wget has options to mirror a web site. This may do the trick. (You probably referred to this when you said "careful choice of wget options".)

-erik


On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hello all,

does anybody know if it is possible to use GetComponents to check out
(really only download) a thorn from a "dump" transport channel such as
http right now?

Eg. if there is a thorn that needs to be accessible in a temporary
location and right now it is not in a svn repository (or similar).

I tried the "http" transport but that really seems to work only for
individual files (one can make it kind-of work with careful choices of
wget parameters inside of GetComponents but plain vanilla
GetComponents/trunk seems to not support it).

"ftp" might work, though I am hard pressed to find an ftp server that
one could press into service :-)

Any thoughts anyone?

Yours,
Roland

- --
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAlGJsX0ACgkQTiFSTN7SboUmtQCfdjyrqUjpN4DZBwQf9G1CpEYZ
QJsAn3Xxlt4lIYgQuYvNHSgPpuMMpuYG
=jqeU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users



--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/