Dear Einstein-Toolkit community, 

my name is Mario Imbrogno and I am a Ph.D. student at 
the University of Calabria (UniCal, Cosenza, Italy) under the supervision of prof. Sergio Servidio.

Our research group had developed a spectral code to solve the Einstein equations via a
pseudo-spectral technique [Meringolo C, Servidio S, and Veltri P "A spectral method algorithm for numerical 
simulations of gravitational fields." Classical and Quantum Gravity 38.7 (2021): 075027], and I am studying different cases of merging two and more 
black holes, in vacuum conditions.

Now I have to compute the apparent horizons (AHs) just for our initial conditions, and I have
read that the Einstein Toolkit implements the AHFinderDirect, a code that can detect the AHs.

My questions are: is there a way to compute such AHs by, just uploading our 3D cartesian BSSN fields and 
using the AHFinderDirect code? 

Who is(are) the user(s) that mainly use(s) such code? Who can I ask?

Where can I find a detailed guide in which I can learn how to upload my data using the AHFinderDirect code?

If someone will help us, there is no problem for us to include as a co-author of our paper.

Best regards,

Mario Imbrogno