Hi All,

I have been working on reproducing the results in the paper:

The Einstein Toolkit: A Community Computational
Infrastructure for Relativistic Astrophysics  (arXiv: 1111.3344v1 {gr-qc] 14 Nov 2011)

and others as a way to teach myself how to use the Einstein Toolkit and to test out my home-built cluster computer.

I am currently working on the non-rotating TOV neutron star collapse into a BH.  It works well up until it fails trying to convert conserved variables into primitive variables in grhydro (see attached tovCollapse.out file).  I have tried adjusting the atmosphere parameters (specifically GRHydro::rho_abs_min  = 1.e-8, up from 1.e-10)., as per the suggestions in the grhydro documentation, which has helped, but I think the conversion is failing now very near where the AH will/is forming.

I have included my parameter file for the simulation (I lowered evolve K from 98 to 80 just to accelerate the collapse process).

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Tony...


Anthony Shoup PhD, Senior Lecturer
College of Arts & Sciences, College of Engineering Departments of Physics, Astronomy, EEIC
315 Science Bldg. | 4250 Campus Dr. Lima, OH 45807
419-995-8018 Office | 419-516-2257 Mobile
shoup.31@osu.edu osu.edu