Hi,

I am having problems with checkpoint restarting for high resolution Carper/McLachlan simulations. For more coarse resolutions I have no problems with checkpoint restarting, nor do I have any problems if the high resolution simulations run for only a few M. But when I do high-resolution simulations until stopped by wall-time and try to restart from checkpoint, I get the following error output :

#################################################################
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.5-patch1) thread 0:
  #000: H5Dio.c line 174 in H5Dread(): can't read data
    major: Dataset
    minor: Read failed
  #001: H5Dio.c line 404 in H5D_read(): can't read data
    major: Dataset
    minor: Read failed
  #002: H5Dchunk.c line 1724 in H5D_chunk_read(): unable to read raw data chunk
    major: Low-level I/O
    minor: Read failed
  #003: H5Dchunk.c line 2737 in H5D_chunk_lock(): data pipeline read failed
    major: Data filters
    minor: Filter operation failed
  #004: H5Z.c line 1116 in H5Z_pipeline(): filter returned failure during read
    major: Data filters
    minor: Read failed
  #005: H5Zdeflate.c line 133 in H5Z_filter_deflate(): memory allocation failed for deflate uncompression
    major: Resource unavailable
    minor: No space available for allocation
WARNING level 1 in thorn CarpetIOHDF5 processor 104 host tachyon3167
  (line 1102 of /home01/r632kgw/jakob/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/src/Input.cc):
  -> HDF5 call 'H5Dread (dataset, datatype, memspace, filespace, xfer, cctkGH->data[patch->vindex][timelevel])' returned error code -1
.
.
......etc, etc,
##################################################################

Any ideas for possible cause and solution to this?

Thanks,
Jakob