Hi Ian, The segfault was mentioned in the error file, you can find the complete error in it (Attached here).
It's possible that the segfault is not in Cactus
Yes, I completely agree. The error does not refer to any Cactus file and hence I wasn't sure what is the cause of it.
Thanks,
.............................
Bhavesh Khamesra
Graduate Student
Centre of Relativistic Astrophysics
Georgia Institute of Technology
Hi Ian, No I do not find any backtrace files in the output directory.
.............................Bhavesh KhamesraGraduate StudentCentre of Relativistic AstrophysicsGeorgia Institute of Technology
From: Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 1:13:38 PM
To: Khamesra, Bhavesh
Cc: Erik Schnetter; Einstein Toolkit Users
Subject: Re: [Users] Benchmarking
On 5 May 2017, at 18:43, Khamesra, Bhavesh <bhaveshkhamesra@gatech.edu> wrote:
I have heard of such a segfault before. I assume it is caused by using too many processes or too many threads for a particular resolution. I have not yet reproduced it, and I don't know what causes it. It would be helpful if you could produce a stack backtrace or similar. On the other hand, if this segfault only appears for very inefficient configurations, then there is no urgent need to debug this, as people won't be interested in using such configurations anyway.
I do not think that it is caused by using too many processors. I tried it with varying number of cores from 68 (insufficient) to 204 but get the same error. Also, I am getting this error with all my BBH parameter files I have tried, so its kind of important. Is there a way to produce backtrace file using simfactory?
Carpet should write a backtrace file into the output directory if there is a segfault. Do you see backtrace files in
sim/output-0000/sim/backtrace.*.txt
?