Hi Ian,


Thanks for replying. This didn't work for me, but I understand your logic. Is there a way that I can determine how many threads per process my simfactory is configured for? That way I should be able to specify the exact # of procs right?


Thanks!


-- 

Chad Henshaw
Georgia Institute of Technology - Physics


From: ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 5:06:24 PM
To: Gomard-Henshaw, Chad
Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users
Subject: Re: [Users] Issue running the default qc0-mclachlan.par
 


On 28 Sep 2018, at 18:48, Gomard-Henshaw, Chad <cgomard@gatech.edu> wrote:

Hello,

When running the default qc0 simulation, I get an error (see attached). This was run using the following command in the windows linux subshell:

./simfactory/bin/sim create-run qc05 \
  --parfile=par/qc0-mclachlan.par


The simulation runs for about an hour before aborting; I get partial output files but only with two data points. Can you please advise on how to address this issue?

Hi,

We should have a FAQ...  You need to run on at least two processes, due to internal limitations in the code. So add

 --procs 2

to your create-run command line.  

[I don't know exactly how your machine is configured in simfactory; if it is configured to use more than one thread per process, then you need to use enough "--procs" (which really means "threads") that at least two MPI processes are used.]

-- 
Ian Hinder
https://ianhinder.net