Hi Zach,

Thank you for this! I need to use McLachlan and z-axis symmetry for now, but your parameter file will be very useful starting place, and I'll definitely want to use BaikalVacuum later too.

Thanks so much!
Rhiannon.


From: Zach Etienne <zachetie@gmail.com>
Sent: 27 March 2025 16:40
To: Rhiannon Silva <SilvaRL@cardiff.ac.uk>
Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org <users@einsteintoolkit.org>
Subject: Re: [Users] GW150914 par file without Llama?
 
External email to Cardiff University - Take care when replying/opening attachments or links.
Nid ebost mewnol o Brifysgol Caerdydd yw hwn - Cymerwch ofal wrth ateb/agor atodiadau neu ddolenni.


Hi Rhiannon,

I released a set of GW150914 parameter files that forego use of Llama and use BaikalVacuum for the spacetime evolution, as part of my paper https://arxiv.org/abs/2404.01137 . The parfile can be found here:

https://github.com/zachetienne/baikalvacimproved/tree/main/BaikalVacuum/parfiles

You may want to read the paper to learn more. Hope this helps!

-Zach

*     *     *
Zachariah Etienne
Assoc. Prof. of Physics, U. of Idaho
Adjunct Assoc. Prof. of Physics & Astronomy, West Virginia U.


On Tue, Mar 11, 2025 at 9:58 AM Rhiannon Silva <SilvaRL@cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi,

I need a parameter file similar to the GW150914 binary black hole example but without the Llama patches. Does anyone already have something like that I could use? If not, would it be a good idea for me to start from the qc0-mclachlan example and adapt that to my needs? It seems like that might be easier than trying to work backward from GW150914.par? Is there anything old/outdated in the qc0-mclachlan example which I should be aware of? 

Also, can anyone tell me why qc0-mclachlan uses 3 refinement centres (CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 3) and not 2 as in GW150914?

Thanks,
Rhiannon.
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users