Hi Roland,

Thanks for your help. It worked with this correction. I included the path for the Lorene data file in the par file.

Thank you,
Atul

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 10:55 AM Haas, Roland <rhaas@illinois.edu> wrote:
Hello Atul,

just in case this is still an issue: the Meudo_Bin_NS thorn's
parameter's description (see
arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/Meudon_Bin_NS/param.ccl) says:

--8<--
STRING filename "Input file name containing LORENE data"
{
  "" :: "Any filename, potentially including path"
} ""
--8<--

ie you should put the full (absolute) path to the resu.d file in there.

Based on the information that you provided in your email you could put
the file eg into

/afs/crc.nd.edu/user/i/isuh/astroph/Cactus/08132019/Cactus/par/resu.d

the set

Meudon_Bin_NS::filename =
"/afs/crc.nd.edu/user/i/isuh/astroph/Cactus/08132019/Cactus/par/resu.d"

but any other location that is accessible to the computen nodes will do.

Yours,
Roland

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to do a test run with nsns_test.par from the default ETK
> package from directory
> /Cactus/repos/wvuthorns_diagnostics/NSNS_parameter_files/ and getting the
> following error:
>
> ERROR from host epycfe.crc.nd.edu process 1
>   while executing schedule bin HydroBase_Initial, routine
> Meudon_Bin_NS::Meudon_Bin_NS_initialise
>   in thorn Meudon_Bin_NS, file /afs/
> crc.nd.edu/user/i/isuh/astroph/Cactus/08132019/Cactus/configs/sim/build/Meudon_Bin_NS/Bin_NS.cc:107
> :
>   -> File "resu.d" does not exist. ABORTING 
> cactus_sim: /afs/
> crc.nd.edu/user/i/isuh/astroph/Cactus/08132019/Cactus/configs/sim/build/Carpet/helpers.cc:275:
> int Carpet::Abort(const cGH*, int): Assertion `0' failed.
>
> I obtained the file "resu.d" from http://astro.phys.wvu.edu/zetienne/resu.d but
> don't know where I should put the file. I think this is a Lorene data file
> (based on
> http://dspace-unipr.cineca.it/bitstream/1889/3328/1/Thesis_Maione.pdf).
>
> Does anyone know where to place it?
>
>
> Thank you,
> Atul Kedia,
> Physics Graduate student
> University of Notre Dame



--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .