Thank you Dr. Roland,

In fact the parfile I used is NsNsToHMNS.par(click to open hyperlink). I just changed the Initial Data file.
However, when I trying to use another parfiles, for example, BBHHighRes.par, the error also occurs.

83bdcfc58a2e is the identification of this machine (this node), so I guess it is something wrong with Docker ( I run ET in a docker ) ?

I have upload an err file generated by simfactory(located in ~/simfactory/bbh/output-0000/bbh.err). 

Maybe I should reinstall my OS to ubuntu and then run ET without docker ?

Thanks again for your help.

Yours,
Zhichao.



Haas, Roland <rhaas@illinois.edu> 于2019年9月10日周二 下午8:14写道:
Hello ZhiChao,

> > + date +%s
> > + export CACTUS_STARTTIME=1567761511
> > + [ 14 = 1 ]
> > + mpirun -np 14 /home/zhaozc/simulations/bnstest/SIMFACTORY/exe/cactus_sim
> > -L 3 /home/zhaozc/simulations/bnstest  /output-0000/bnstest.par
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19025] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19027] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19029] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19024] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19026] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19028] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19032] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19034] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19036] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19030] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1
> > [83bdcfc58a2e:19023] Read -1, expected 4096, errno = 1 
>
> ......
>
>
> but  those errors  will not terminate the task.
> Is it safe to ignore those errors?
Would you mind providing the parfile bnstest.par that you are running,
please? It does not seem to exist in the Einstein Toolkit repos and
without it all we can do is guess what could be happening.

The string "Read.*expected" also does not seem to show up anywhere in
my Cactus tree (or any of my executables for that matter), so that I am
not sure at all which thorn or module is even generating this error.

The string does however show up in libgfortran.so so that I would guess
that it is some Fortran code not checking if it could open a file
correctly.

You can try running what looks like an address: 83bdcfc58a2e through
the addr2line command:

addr2line -e /home/zhaozc/simulations/bnstest/SIMFACTORY/exe/cactus_sim
0x83bdcfc58a2e

or use gdb:

gdb /home/zhaozc/simulations/bnstest/SIMFACTORY/exe/cactus_sim
info line *0x83bdcfc58a2e

to try and find out which thorn was responsible, though I cannot
guarantee that this will work.

A blind guess would be that some thorn fails to open a file, does not
properly check for this and then find that it cannot read anything from
that (not opened file) in which case eg the read() system call returns
-1.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .


--
赵志超
中国科学院高能物理研究所
中国 北京
18401696963
yanyuechuixue@gmail.com