Dear who it may concern,
I have tried the binary neutron star simulation (http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html), and want to finish the simulation
by parts .That is , I would like to recover the simulation from checkpoints. However I fail to continue my simulation. There are two cases that I met:
- I have the cctk_final_time=2500 and the simulation terminate at time=2500 but the merge has not yet occur which means I need more time ,perhaps time=8000.
So I want to continue my simulation from time=2500. But after I changed to cctk_final_time=8000
in parameter file , the simulation still stops at time=2500, which means it stops just after it begins. How can I finish the complete simulation?
- I
have test the same simulation as above but with wall_time=10 min. I have checkpoint_every=150 ,and checkpoint_on_terminate= "yes" in the parameter file. However after it finishes with the final iteration=250, the checkpoint file is not produced. Only the initial
one checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.file_0.h5 exists. How can I produce a checkpoint
which enable me to restart simulation?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui