Dear all,

I am testing the output figures on Binary black hole gallery examples, specifically the curvature scalars images using SimulationTools.

As suggested in the page with available scripts I am using 'SimulationTools' application on Mathematica. When I try to load SimulationTools by entering the command '<< SimulationTools`' on nb or kernel I get the following error messages and would like help in fixing them:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CCompilerDriver`CreateLibrary::nocomp: A C compiler cannot be found on your system. Please consult the documentation to learn how to set up suitable compilers.
Compile::nogen: A library could not be generated from the compiled function.
CCompilerDriver`CreateLibrary::nocomp: A C compiler cannot be found on your system. Please consult the documentation to learn how to set up suitable compilers.
Compile::nogen: A library could not be generated from the compiled function.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have installed SimulationTools and h5mma and loading h5mma happens just fine (without any errors).
Specifications: I am using Mathematica 12 on Windows 10 (not WSL).

As suggested in mathematica stack exchange I installed windows sdk (although I did not remove visual c++ as suggested as I wasn't sure if that would break any other things.)

In the ET meeting today I was suggested to use linux, WSL or a virtualbox by Roland, Bill and Steve so will be doing one of those, but would prefer a solution on windows.

Could someone please help me with this? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,
best regards,
-- 
Atul Kedia
PhD student,
Physics department,
University of Notre Dame.