Hi Erik,

I was mistaken. They are C-files. The info of the codes is as follows;

 /*@@
   @file      hdf5_merge.c
   @date      Thu 10 Jan 2002
   @author    Thomas Radke
   @desc
              This utility program takes a list of Cactus HDF5 datafiles,
              merges them at the group hierarchy level and dumps the resulting
              tree to a new HDF5 file.
   @enddesc
   @version   $Id: hdf5_merge.c,v 1.3 2009/09/29 14:38:14 schnetter Exp $
 @@*/

All the utility codes (hdf5_merge, hdf5_extract, & hdf5_double_to_single) could be built on ET and could do someting e.g. merging chunked data but they don't seem to match with current Carpet HDF5 format. I couldn't open the combined file with Visit.

Is there any other way of merging chunked hdf5 data? I attached the outdated HDF5 thorn.

Ciao,

Hee Il


2011/2/1 Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
Hee Il

To my knowledge, CactusExternal/HDF5 and lib/make/extras/HDF5 do not
have these files either. I don't know where these files would be. If
these are C++ files, then they are probably part of Carpet. I assume
they are provided by a certain thorn that is not in the ET thorn list?

However, I notice that PUGH's HDF5 utilities are not built on my
system, and I wonder why. These are hdf5_convert_from_carpetiohdf5.c
hdf5_convert_from_ieeeio.c hdf5_convert_from_sdf.c hdf5_recombiner.c.

-erik

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Hee Il Kim <heeilkim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> HDF5 in ET does not have hdf5merge.cc hdf5extract.cc, etc. Building with old
> CactusExternal/HDF5 might be one solution but I'd like to know a newer
> method, if exists.
>
> Hee Il
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@einsteintoolkit.org
> http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>



--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/