Hi Ian,
The cfg file I use _is_ the same as the stock osx_macports.cfg. Now however I have, after Steve's suggestion, replaced "MPI_DIR=/opt/local" with "MPI_DIR=" (ie nothing) and tried to build with that. If this assignment needs to be something else, I need for the developers to confirm that. So, I have already tried the stock optionlist with a crash as the result. I sent to query about replacing
detect.pl with the version which puts mpiCC last, as that was what I used when I was using the dev version. I am using Hilbert now, since using the dev version resulted in a problem due to it being the case that one day a few weeks ago a change in the dev version resulted in the build crashing. Sticking with Hilbert is what I will do. So my question was can I go ahead and replace the Hilbert
detect.pl with the dev version of
detect.pl. While I think this is likely ok, I want to proceed carefully.
I am also looking at the compatibility issue among the various components mpicc, mpixx, openmpi, and hdf5. I am using the patched flavor of hdf5. A while back you thought that the patched version of hdf5 was ok to use, so that is what I am doing (ie the hdf5 is HDF5_DIR = /opt/local).
The problem I was having was that some updates to macports resulted in inadvertently inducing inconsistencies/incompatibilities dooming the builds. Very frustrating. I have not done a macports update in at least two weeks and have checked the versions of the compiled mpicc, mpixx, openmpi and hdf5 and so far see no problems....I obviously must be missing something if compatibility is the problem. And I will not do a macports update until I can be sure of its effects on the ET builds on my mac running Yosemite.
Please have patience. Believe me, I want to get to the use of Eloisa's CT_Multilevel thorn as soon as possible!
Comer