Many thanks for the quick response! My googling did not find that link!

Chris

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 at 3:01 AM, Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu> wrote:
Hello Chris,



Yes updating to gcc / gfortran 4.9 (or any later version) will fix the

issue.



Please see for details:



https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2455/cannot-build-et-assumed-rank-argument



Yours,

Roland



> Hi everyone,

>

> I am trying to get the Einstein Toolkit compiling on a new cluster, and

> most of the code compiles but I get the following error:

>

> COMPILING Cactus/util/PointerTo.F90

> /maybehome/cstevens/Cactus_For_BBH_Production_Runs/Cactus/src/util/PointerTo.F90:23.27:

>

>   address = transfer(c_loc(var), address)

>                            1

> Error: Assumed-rank argument requires an explicit interface at (1)

> make[3]: *** [PointerTo.F90.o] Error 1C

> make[2]: *** [util/make.checked] Error 2

> make[1]: ***

> [/maybehome/cstevens/Cactus_For_BBH_Production_Runs/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Cactus.a]

> Error 2

>

> I am using gfortran 4.8.5, perhaps this can be resolved by simply updating

> gcc and gfortran? The flags for Fortran are

>

> F90FLAGS = -g3 -fcray-pointer -ffixed-line-length-none

>

> Cheers,

>

> Chris

>





--

My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting

and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .

--
Dr Chris Stevens
Postdoctoral Fellow
Rm 310A
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Otago
Ph: +64 3 479 4567

http://www.chrisdoesmaths.com
http://gravity.otago.ac.nz