Thank you Zach for your reply, that clears it up.

I have one more question then. Since I was not able to run the code in my laptop, I tried downloading the datafiles from the following site.

https://zenodo.org/record/155394 

I run into the following problem. When following the tutorial example in ' https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/GW150914_VisIt_Tutorial ' on the section "A visualization example", it shows a long folder of surface01_00xxxxx.vtk datafiles, all of which are different time steps for the black hole horizons. But when looking at the downloaded file, I cannot seem to find all these .vtk files. Instead I only find one .vtk file, and therefore am unable to run the complete simulation. Does anyone understand what's going on? 

Thank you so much for your help.
Best regards,
Enzo

El lun, 9 oct 2023 a las 13:23, Zach Etienne (<zachetie@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi Enzo,

As the website warns: "Note that the simulation requires about 82 GB of RAM, so most likely you will need to use a cluster." As for the error, MPI is probably seeing only one node (your laptop) so requesting 16 is throwing an error.

-Zach

*     *     *
Zachariah Etienne
Assoc. Prof. of Physics, U. of Idaho
Adjunct Assoc. Prof. of Physics & Astronomy, West Virginia U.


On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 7:18 AM Enzo Iubini <egic.enzo@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings to all.

I've been having some problems running the GW150914 simulation. When following the tutorial on " https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bbh/cr.html " , I run into problems when running the parfile, specifically when running 

simfactory/bin/sim create-submit GW150914_28 --define N 28 --parfile par/GW150914/GW150914.rpar --procs 128 --walltime 24:00:00

This leads to the error
Parameter file: /home/enzo/Cactus/par/GW150914/GW150914.rpar
Skeleton Created
Job directory: "/home/enzo/simulations/GW150914_28"
Executable: "/home/enzo/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim"
Option list: "/home/enzo/simulations/GW150914_28/SIMFACTORY/cfg/OptionList"
Submit script: "/home/enzo/simulations/GW150914_28/SIMFACTORY/run/SubmitScript"
Run script: "/home/enzo/simulations/GW150914_28/SIMFACTORY/run/RunScript"
Parameter file: "/home/enzo/simulations/GW150914_28/SIMFACTORY/par/GW150914.rpar"
Assigned restart id: 0 
Error: Too many nodes specified: nodes=16 (maxnodes is 1)
Aborting Simfactory.

I am inclined to believe this is because I am running it on my own laptop, but I would nonetheless like to know exactly what does that error mean and if I can fix it somehow.

I would really appreciate your help, thank you :)

Best regards,
Enzo
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users