Hello Petr,

are you using the 

GRHydro::reconstruct_Wv = yes

parameter? 
I need to use it in my accretion disk runs when using the Ideal_Fluid EOS...Using the polytrope this parameter wasn't needed if I recall correctly..

hope this helps..

best wishes,

Vassili


On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Petr Tsatsin <ptsatsin@my.fau.edu> wrote:
Hello,
I've recently tried to perform simulation of the binary neutron stars started from Meudon initial data. I've encountered a following problem. I can run the simulations without any problems when I use polytropic EOS. However, when I switch to Gamma-Law simulations crushed  soon after start somewhere in the conversion of primitive quantities to conserved quantities. The typical log is look like this one:
 
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro): Con2Prim failed; stopping the code.
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro): Even with mesh refinement, this point is not restricted from a finer level, so this is really an error
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):             on carpet reflevel:  2
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                   xyz location:     12.00000        0.000000       -2.000000
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                         radius:     12.16553
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro): hydro_excision_mask, C2Pfailed:   0   1.0000000
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):        rho eps press w_lorentz:    0.1047685E-08   0.5280317E-01   0.5532109E-10    1.013257
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                     velocities:   -0.3371566E-02   0.1176264      -0.3492353E-01
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                       dens tau:    0.2037191E-08   0.1388378E-09
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                           scon:   -0.2835004E-10   0.4723716E-09  -0.1051106E-09
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                       3-metric:     1.420906      -0.7104738E-01  -0.2077218E-01    1.770598       0.4372303E-01    1.468061
WARNING[L1,P28] (GRHydro):                   lapse, shift:    0.8118283       0.1691328E-01  -0.3824454E-01  -0.5210642E-03
WARNING level 0 in thorn GRHydro processor 28 host c559-402.stampede.tacc.utexas.edu
  (line 2404 of GRHydro_Con2Prim.F90):
  -> Aborting.
cactus_SBNS: /work/02566/tsatsin/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:314: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.

The parameter files for "polytropic" runs and "Gamma-Law" are identical except, obviously, the parameters controlling the EOS.
I was wondering if somebody experienced similar problems before? I would be very grateful for any help and suggestions.
I also include the some relevant parameters I used for "Gamma-law" EOS below. May be I'm missing some important parameters or values are not properly set?

 # Hydro paramters
ActiveThorns = "EOS_Omni"
EOS_Omni::poly_k = 123.6
EOS_Omni::poly_gamma = 2.0
EOS_Omni::gl_k = 123.6
EOS_Omni::gl_gamma = 2.0

ActiveThorns = "GRHydro"

GRHydro::initial_Gamma = 2.0

HydroBase::evolution_method      = "GRHydro"

#GRHydro::riemann_solver            = "Marquina"
GRHydro::riemann_solver     = "HLLE"
GRHydro::GRHydro_eos_type   = "General"
GRHydro::GRHydro_eos_table  = "Ideal_Fluid"
GRHydro::recon_method       = "ppm"
GRHydro::GRHydro_stencil    = 3
GRHydro::bound              = "flat"
GRHydro::rho_abs_min        = 1.e-10
#GRHydro::GRHydro = 18 # Tmunu(10), rho,press,eps,w_lorentz,vel, tau
#GRHydro::GRHydro    = 10    # gij(6), alpha, beta(3)

GRHydro::c2p_reset_pressure        = "yes"
grhydro::grhydro_c2p_warnlevel         =  0
grhydro::grhydro_c2p_warn_from_reflevel      =  2


ActiveThorns = "GenericFD NewRad"
ActiveThorns = "ML_BSSN ML_BSSN_Helper"
ActiveThorns = "ML_ADMConstraints"


Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.
Petr.
--
Petr Tsatsin
Graduate Student - Department of Physics
Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Florida Atlantic University

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users