ComerHDF5 1.8.15 is broken. A patch will be released shortly. The development version of thorn ExternalLibraries/HDF5 already contains a copy of the patched version; if you use this version of the thorn and specify HDF5_DIR=BUILD in your option list, you should be fine.-erikOn Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:_______________________________________________Hi Ian,I got back Monday night and yesterday decided to get CT_MultiLevel and rebuild so I can start learning how the multigrid stuff works with some examples. I got the CT_MultiLevel directories from bitbucket, copied it into place in EinsteinInitialdata.in the meantime I had done a weekly update of all my macports stuff (not a good idea!). I then proceeded to rebuild cactus. All went fine (the CT_MultiLevel seems to compile ok) until it got to iohdf5. It crashed complaining about iohdf5 stuff. I have pasted the build to http://pastebin.com/dqMtCL3A . Since the hdf5 stuff got updated I went through the procedure of deactivating and in some cases uninstalling hdf related stuff and believe I left it in the state in which no hdf5 is active. I have pasted a record of the various steps I went through as I discovered what depended on what and tried to get hdf5 unactivated. I believe I was successful. Please see the following paste: http://pastebin.com/4brgVdmE .With the optionfile having BUILD as the selected option for HDF5 as was the case when I implemented the workaround last week that you suggested.So now, I am back to a similar spot except that now I do not have mpi and/or gcc related issues. Also, I have the CT_MultiLevel stuff in place.Can you suggest some next steps which can get be out of this hdf5 fix?Thanks for the help!!!Comer
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
--