- As per indicated in Step 4, I went to the file ubuntu-Intel.cfg (attached), as referred by my version of make_config-runmefirst. I was able to apt-get install all the packages referred in the preamble
of ubuntu-Intel.cfg, except for libmpich2-dev, so I installed the closest packages available to apt-get: libmpich-dev and libmpich12.
- At Step 4, when I try to ./make_config-runmefirst, I get the following error message:
checking whether the C compiler (icc .-xhost -openmp -0fast -align -std=gnu99 -rdynamic) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables (see configs/<configname>/config-data/config.log for details).
Error creating configuration etilgrmhd
make: *** [Makefile:762: etilgrmhd-config] Error 2
I am attaching config.log as config.log for reference as well, as config-1.log.
If I change CC = icc in ubuntu-Intel.cfg to CC = gcc (which afaik my machine has installed), I get the same error message, but with a different config.log (attached as config-2.log), telling me about an unrecognised -align option.
If I remove the -align flag from CFLAGS in ubuntu-Intel.cfg, I get the same error message with another config.log (attached as config-3.log), telling me about a host language not being recognised.
And, lastly, if I change the -xhost flag in CFLAGS to -xc or -xc99, the same thing happens. The config.log file of this last option is attached as config-4.log.
At this point I don't know what else to try to get a running version of IllinoisGRMHD.
To be honest, I don't really know much about bash yet, so I was hoping you could provide some support about my installation issues. I will be happy to answer any questions necessary.
Sincerely,
Valentín Peña-Donaire
MSc Student
Institute of Astrophysics, School of Physics
The Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.