Hi Roland,

thanks for the reply, it was actually a false alarm: I performed some thorough checks and everything behaves as it should. The odd behavour in my code was the result of a "static" keyword that I overlooked.

Thanks again,
Federico

2015-10-26 17:18 GMT+01:00 Roland Haas <rhaas@aei.mpg.de>:
Hello Frederico,

> CCTK_VarIndex (example_gf[0]) --> 180
> CCTK_VarIndex (example_gf[1]) --> 181
>
> However when the index is fed to CCTK_VarDataPtrI to get a pointer to the
> grid function, it always points to the 0th component. To get the pointer to
> the component I wanted, I had to increment the pointer by the correct
> amount.
>
> This not a major inconvenience, but it is quite counterintuitive. Is there
> a reason for such behaviour?
Sounds like a bug to me, namely I wonder what would happen if you were
to pass "example_gf[1]" to say CarpetIOHDF5::out_vars.

Can you check what the results of CCTK_VarDataPtrI(cctkGH, 0,
CCTK_VarIndex("example_gf[1]")) and CCTK_VarDataPtr(cctkGH, 0,
"example_gf[1]") is and if they agree? At the very least I would have
expected that they agree.

Yours,
Roland


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users




--
Federico Guercilena
Institut für Theoretische Physik
Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität
Max-von-Laue-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Telephone: +49 69 798 47887
Email: guercilena[at]th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de