Hi Roland,all

Thank you for the reply. I will try later and say what happened.

Otacílio Ricardo.


2012/10/9 <users-request@einsteintoolkit.org>
Send Users mailing list submissions to
        users@einsteintoolkit.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        users-request@einsteintoolkit.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
        users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Fink (Ian Hinder)
   2. set Einstein Tookit (Otacilio Ricardo)
   3. Re: set Einstein Tookit (Ian Hinder)
   4. set tools of Einstein Tookit (Otacilio Ricardo)
   5. Re: set Einstein Tookit (Ian Hinder)
   6. Re: set Einstein Tookit (Roland Haas)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 10:01:24 -0700
From: Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
Subject: [Users] Fink
To: SimFactory Mailing list <simfactory@cct.lsu.edu>,   Einstein Toolkit
        Users Users <users@einsteintoolkit.org>
Message-ID: <26545569-A682-4D5C-BA86-12B056628E99@aei.mpg.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi,

There is an optionlist in SimFactory for people using Fink on Mac OS to install their external libraries and compilers.  I was maintaining this, but I have now switched to MacPorts instead of Fink, and this optionlist is without a maintainer.  It currently does not work, due to an unknown problem with gcc (Undefined symbols:  "___emutls_get_address" at link time).

Does anyone use this optionlist?

If the answer is yes, would that person be willing to maintain it?

If we don't find someone willing to look after it and fix the problem, I propose that the optionlist be deprecated in simfactory (moved to the OUTDATED directory), and that we recommend people to use MacPorts instead.

See https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/946.

--
Ian Hinder
http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:17:10 -0300
From: Otacilio Ricardo <otacilioricardo@gmail.com>
Subject: [Users] set Einstein Tookit
To: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Message-ID:
        <CAEs75yj63LqOs8OJuy-c5KZ8hMtaSf6LqP2hA5Pm5p=S3aCABQ@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi.

I am trying set the Einstein Toolkit in my machine and when I execute the
command /simfactory/bin/sim build occurs one error.

Error
Using configuration: sim
Error: No thornlist supplied.  Use --thornlist <thornlist> on the command
line or set thornlist = <thornlist> in the [default] section of
defs.local.ini.
Aborting Simfactory.

I sent my  requestion for registrarion for Queen Been but yeat not receiver
any answer. I trying using the command /simfactory/bin/sim set for
configure.

Sorry for the bad English.

I thank your attention, cordially,
Otac?lio Ricardo.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20121009/53082948/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:25:30 -0700
From: Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
Subject: Re: [Users] set Einstein Tookit
To: Otacilio Ricardo <otacilioricardo@gmail.com>
Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Message-ID: <9EEE24F5-09F4-4B48-8FB9-4E48A9DFD775@aei.mpg.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"


On 9 Oct 2012, at 15:17, Otacilio Ricardo wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am trying set the Einstein Toolkit in my machine and when I execute the command /simfactory/bin/sim build occurs one error.
>
> Error
> Using configuration: sim
> Error: No thornlist supplied.  Use --thornlist <thornlist> on the command line or set thornlist = <thornlist> in the [default] section of defs.local.ini.
> Aborting Simfactory.
>
> I sent my  requestion for registrarion for Queen Been but yeat not receiver any answer. I trying using the command /simfactory/bin/sim set for configure.

Hi Otacilio,

Can you post the contents of the file simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini?  It should have a line thornlist = manifest/einsteintoolkit.th.  I assume that you are following the tutorial at https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users.  Did you edit defs.local.ini?

--
Ian Hinder
http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20121009/e6d53e06/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:27:09 -0300
From: Otacilio Ricardo <otacilioricardo@gmail.com>
Subject: [Users] set tools of Einstein Tookit
To: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Message-ID:
        <CAEs75ygnxmP6eQaL+5PEQA7G_E8FXbe0KggQJbKojS+wHDLuUw@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi

I am trying set Kranc and one error occurs.

Error
ST error 1:
  -> Configuration script for thorn OPENSSL returned exit code 1
     (no error message)

How to solve this problem?

Sorry if here is not the place to this question.

I thanks your attention, cordially,
Otac?lio Ricardo.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20121009/e5bd099b/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:57:04 -0700
From: Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
Subject: Re: [Users] set Einstein Tookit
To: Otacilio Ricardo <otacilioricardo@gmail.com>
Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users Users <users@einsteintoolkit.org>
Message-ID: <9D75A789-44BD-46D5-A6D1-AFFFC0C55142@aei.mpg.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


On 9 Oct 2012, at 15:51, Otacilio Ricardo wrote:

> Hi Ian.
> I had edit defs.local.ini, but the same error has occurred. Now occurs more errors.

Hi Otacilio,

(Please reply to the list so that others can benefit or contribute)

It looks like you are trying to follow the tutorial on your own machine rather than Queen Bee.  The tutorial will only work on Queen Bee.

There is another tutorial in development which can be used with your own machine, but it is currently described as incomplete.

Roland: is the new tutorial ready for new users at the moment?

>
> defs.local.ini
>
> # -*-conf-*-
>
> # Defaults for all machines
> [default]
> user            = otacilioricardo
> email           = otacilioricardo@gmail.com
> allocation      = YOUR_ALLOCATION
> thornlist       = manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
>
> ## Customize user names for each machine
> #[queenbee]
> #user            = YOUR_QUEENBEE_LOGIN
> #sourcebasedir   = /home/@USER@/
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Errors.
> CST error 1:
>   -> Configuration script for thorn BLAS returned exit code 1
>      Error message: 'Building BLAS requires a fortran compiler, but there is none configured: F77 = none.  Aborting.'
>
>
> CST error 2:
>   -> Configuration script for thorn FFTW3 returned exit code 1
>      (no error message)
>
>
> CST error 3:
>   -> Configuration script for thorn FORTRAN returned exit code 1
>      Error message: 'Fortran thorn requires that a Fortran compiler is defined, but F77 = 'none' and F90 = 'none'.  Aborting.'
>
>
> CST error 4:
>   -> Configuration script for thorn LAPACK returned exit code 1
>      Error message: 'Building LAPACK requires a fortran compiler, but there is none configured: F77 = none.  Aborting.'
>
>
> CST error 5:
>   -> Configuration script for thorn LORENE returned exit code 1
>      (no error message)
>
>
> CST error 6:
>   -> Configuration script for thorn OPENSSL returned exit code 1
>      (no error message)
>
> Thank you for help.
> Otac?lio Ricardo.
>
>
>
> 2012/10/9 Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de>
>
> On 9 Oct 2012, at 15:17, Otacilio Ricardo wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am trying set the Einstein Toolkit in my machine and when I execute the command /simfactory/bin/sim build occurs one error.
>>
>> Error
>> Using configuration: sim
>> Error: No thornlist supplied.  Use --thornlist <thornlist> on the command line or set thornlist = <thornlist> in the [default] section of defs.local.ini.
>> Aborting Simfactory.
>>
>> I sent my  requestion for registrarion for Queen Been but yeat not receiver any answer. I trying using the command /simfactory/bin/sim set for configure.
>
> Hi Otacilio,
>
> Can you post the contents of the file simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini?  It should have a line thornlist = manifest/einsteintoolkit.th.  I assume that you are following the tutorial at https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users.  Did you edit defs.local.ini?
>
> --
> Ian Hinder
> http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder
>
>

--
Ian Hinder
http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20121009/71a0e02a/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:09:38 -0700
From: Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu>
Subject: Re: [Users] set Einstein Tookit
To: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Message-ID: <5074AEB2.6070408@mail.gatech.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hello Otacilio, Ian, all,

> There is another tutorial in development which can be used with your
> own machine, but it is currently described as incomplete.
>
> Roland: is the new tutorial ready for new users at the moment?
I wrote it by stripping down the .bash_history file of the user account
where I entered the commands. So it *should* work as it is. It assumes
that you start from a plain vanilla system hence the apt-get commands at
the top. If you already have a C, C++ and fortran compiler as well
git,svn set up then you should also be able to use it. I do not know if
the fedora.cfg file will work or not. I only tested the Debian and Mint
instructions (the later might also work for Ubuntu). The tutorial is for
the release version (Lovelace from May 2012).

The URL is:

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users

it's a wiki page and accepts anonymous edits (you do not need an
account) so please feel free to edit the page if there are still mistakes.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 262 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20121009/d98e59a2/attachment.bin

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users


End of Users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 11
*************************************