Hi Maria,

There are many possible causes for a con2prim failure, but generally if unphysical conservatives are input then failures are inevitable. The information provided doesn't tell us much. I've always included a super verbose error output when a failure occurs within my own con2prim implementations, so that I can backtrace any problems. It would be useful to see if this feature either exists (and can be enabled with a parameter file setting) or could be added.

-Zach

*     *     *
Zachariah Etienne
Assoc. Prof. of Physics, U. of Idaho
Adjunct Assoc. Prof. of Physics & Astronomy, West Virginia U.


On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 6:52 AM Hamilton, Maria <babiuc@marshall.edu> wrote:
Hello,

I have an error when simulating unequal mass binaries with  PRThorns GRHydro for certain combinations of EOS and mass ratios.

Using the same parameter file for an equal mass binary case, seems to work with various EOSs, and for certain EOSs, even for unequal mass. 

Any inkling of why this might happen? I tried with both ppm and weno recon_method, and with higher refinement. 
What do you think would help? 


Maria
____________

WARNING level 1 from host compute-14.marshall.local process 16
  while executing schedule bin CCTK_POSTSTEP, routine GRHydro::check_GRHydro_C2P_failed
  in thorn GRHydro, file GRHydro_Con2Prim.F90:1781:
  -> ; stopping the code.

_______________________
Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physics 
College of Science, Marshall University,
1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755
Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users