Hello Bernard,
The CarpetHDF5 VisIt plugin contains explicit code to ignore VisIt's
> I saw that VisiT wanted to open all the files as a single "database" by
> default, but I explicitly told it *not* to do this. Perhaps it disobeyed me
> and did it anyway? The impression I had was that the database assumed the
> different files were a time series rather than a collection of 3D patches
> of a single time level.
attempts to treat file_0.h5 file_1.h5 etc as a time series and will
always behave (at least in the current version) as if only file_0 was
given. It will then behave as Bruno described and on its own seek out
file_1 file_2 etc.
I am not even sure if you can open just file_1 or if it will
automatically revert to opening all files. You'd have to physically move
file_0 etc out of the way to test how it behaves when opening file_1
alone I think.
Yours,
Roland
--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users