Ian

Most likely, setting both F77 and F90 to "gfortran" will work.

You didn't specify what MPI options you are using when configuring. Can you provide more details?

-erik


On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Ian Smith <the.pond@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
Hi List!

I've tried building this a few times over the last couple of years, on
different machines, and always get stuck at the build stage, currently I
have this set of errors:

------------------------------------------------------
There were 3 errors during execution of the CST
These must be corrected before compilation can proceed
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Warnings were generated during execution of the CST
------------------------------------------------------

CST error 1:
   -> Configuration script for thorn FORTRAN returned exit code 1
      Error message: 'Fortran thorn requires that a Fortran compiler is
defined, but F77 = 'none' and F90 = 'none'.  Aborting.'


CST error 2:
   -> Configuration script for thorn LORENE returned exit code 1
      (no error message)


CST error 3:
   -> Configuration script for thorn MPI returned exit code 1
      (no error message)

------------------------------------------------------

I have all the compilers that I think are needed, and have also added
the dependencies listed at
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users

I have also tried things like:

export F77=/usr/bin/f77
export F90=/usr/bin/f95

to no avail.  As for installed packages, these seem relevant to the
errors . . .

ian@bonsai Tue Jul 29 02:58 PM /opt/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus
$ aptitude search fort | grep '^i'
i   fort77                          - Invoke f2c like a real compiler
i   gfortran                        - GNU Fortran 95 compiler
i A gfortran-4.8                    - GNU Fortran compiler
i A libgfortran-4.8-dev             - Runtime library for GNU Fortran
applicatio
i   libgfortran3                    - Runtime library for GNU Fortran
applicatio
ian@bonsai Tue Jul 29 02:58 PM /opt/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus
$ aptitude search mpi | grep '^i'
i   libmpich-dev                    - Development files for MPICH
i A libmpich10                      - Shared libraries for MPICH
i   libmpich2-dev                   - Transitional dummy package for
MPICH devel
i A libopenmpi1.6                   - high performance message passing
library -
i A mpi-default-bin                 - Standard MPI runtime programs
(metapackage
i A mpich                           - Implementation of the MPI Message
Passing
i   mpich2                          - Transitional dummy package
i A openmpi-bin                     - high performance message passing
library -
i A openmpi-common                  - high performance message passing
library -

Can anyone assist with this?  I am using Xubuntu 14.04 64-bit.

Cheers,

Ian.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users



--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/