Hi Erik,
Sorry for the delay, I have written below the answers.
1. What is the size of the simulation domain?
Simulation domain along x and y direction is [-1000,1000] and along z direction is [0,1000].
2. At which radius do you evaluate the angular momentum?
There are two extraction radii, 200 and 300. The plot that I sent was for 300.
3. What is the spatial resolution there?
Spatial resolution is 5.
4. What is the time resolution there?
The time resolution is 0.75.
5. Is there any matter nearby?
There is no matter during the inspiral.
6. What happens if you change the evaluation radius? What if you make it
smaller or larger?
For smaller radius the amplitude of oscillations is comparatively smaller.
7. How close is this to the outer boundary?
The extraction radius is far from the outer boundary.
8. Do you have a visualisation of the geometry (e.g. the imaginary part
of the Weyl scalar Psi_2)?
I am afraid that I do not have Psi_2 in the output. If necessary then I can output it.
9. In which direction does the angular momentum point?
Does this change over time?
The plot I sent was for the angular momentum along z direction.
10. What is the magnitude of the angular momentum? How does this compare
to the mass?
The initial magnitude of the angular momentum is 7.3 and total gravitational mass of the system is 2.75 M_Sun.
I am leaving below some information from the parameter file that maybe relevant.
CoordBase::xmin = -1000
CoordBase::xmax = 1000
CoordBase::ymin = -1000
CoordBase::ymax = 1000
CoordBase::zmin = 0
CoordBase::zmax = 1000
CoordBase::spacing = "numcells"
CoordBase::ncells_x = 200
CoordBase::ncells_y = 200
CoordBase::ncells_z = 100
Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 8
Carpet::time_refinement_factors = "[1,1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512]"
CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 3
CarpetRegrid2::regrid_every = 128
CarpetRegrid2::snap_to_coarse = "yes"
CarpetRegrid2::freeze_unaligned_levels = "yes"
CarpetRegrid2::freeze_unaligned_parent_levels = "yes"
# ----------- Region 1 --------------------
CarpetRegrid2::active_1 = "yes"
CarpetRegrid2::num_levels_1 = 7
CarpetRegrid2::position_x_1 = 15.2365094091
CarpetRegrid2::position_y_1 = 0.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[1] = 300.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[2] = 160.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[3] = 80.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[4] = 40.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[5] = 20.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[6] = 10.0
# ----------- Region 2 --------------------
CarpetRegrid2::active_2 = "yes"
CarpetRegrid2::num_levels_2 = 7
CarpetRegrid2::position_x_2 = -15.2365094091
CarpetRegrid2::position_y_2 = -0.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_2[1] = 300.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_2[2] = 160.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_2[3] = 80.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_2[4] = 40.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_2[5] = 20.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_2[6] = 10.0
# ----------- Region 3 --------------------
CarpetRegrid2::active_3 = "yes"
CarpetRegrid2::num_levels_3 = 3
CarpetRegrid2::position_x_3 = 0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_3[1] = 320.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_3[2] = 160.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_3[3] = 80.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_3[4] = 40.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_x_3[5] = 30.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_y_3[5] = 30.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_z_3[5] = 25.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_3[6] = 20.0
CarpetRegrid2::radius_3[7] = 5.0
# -----------------------------------------
Thanks for your time. I would look forward to hearing from you.