On 1/24/14 6:42 PM, Ian Hinder wrote:
On 24 Jan 2014, at 01:15, Luca Baiotti <baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
<mailto:baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp>> wrote:
On 1/23/14 11:52 PM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:11:40PM +0900, Luca Baiotti wrote:
OK, so the emails not being sent is a known problem.
Here is the diff between my Gauss simfactory (emails working) and my
Noether simfactory (emails not working). Both are repository versions.
Can you look at the difference of the post-processed SubmitScript files
of one simulation that did send emails, and one that didn't? You should
be able to find them in simulations/NAME/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/ .
It is below. Indeed non --mail entry is present in the Noether file.
The Gauss version looks like this:
#! /bin/bash
#SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@
#SBATCH -p @QUEUE@
#SBATCH -t @WALLTIME@
#SBATCH -N @NODES@ -n @NUM_PROCS@
#SBATCH @("@CHAINED_JOB_ID@" != "" ? "-d afterany:@CHAINED_JOB_ID@" : "")@
#SBATCH -J @SHORT_SIMULATION_NAME@
#SBATCH --mail-type=ALL
#SBATCH -o @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.out
#SBATCH -e @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.err
cd @SOURCEDIR@
@SIMFACTORY@ run @SIMULATION_NAME@ --machine=@MACHINE@ --restart-id=@RESTART_ID@ @FROM_RESTART_COMMAND@
If you have anything different, then maybe you added it yourself? Can
do do an "svn diff" on the submit script in your Gauss version? I think
what has happened is that you fixed the problem in your Gauss version by
adding the lines
#SBATCH --mail-user=baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
<mailto:mail-user=baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp>
This would explain why mail notifications are not working for me: they
have never worked in the committed version.
You are right! I had modified it long ago and forgot. Then I assumed that simfactory worked properly on its own... And to complicate things, I had recently removed the original simfactory directory in my Cactus_Gauss and checked out a new one (so svn diff didn't show any difference).
In conclusion, can the script for stampede be fixed in the repository?
I have changed it in my version, so if it works the next time I submit something, I'll commit it to the repository.