Dear Frank,
thank you very much for your help and explanation, I will try this out.

Sincerely,
Lorenzo

Il giorno lun 14 giu 2021 alle ore 12:18 Frank Loeffler <frank.loeffler@uni-jena.de> ha scritto:
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 11:45:37AM +0200, Lorenzo Ennoggi wrote:
>I would like to restart a simulation from a checkpoint enlarging the
>finest refinement level in my grid. In particular, I would like to
>change CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[5]
>= 20.1 to CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[5] = 25. I tried to do that by making
>the
>parameter CarpetRegrid2::radius_1 always steerable

if nothing changed, making the parameter steerable is the problem. It is
not steerable, because the thorn CarpetRegrid2 only ever looks at the
parameter at the beginning. You can make it steerable, but it won't do
anything to your simulation, as you observe.

What you can do instead, is to change one of the variables (not
parameters) that Carpetregrid2 uses, e.g. (not adapted to your case, but
that should be similar):

Trigger::Trigger_Checked_Variable[2]="ADMBase::alp"
Trigger::Trigger_Reduction       [2]="minimum"
Trigger::Trigger_Relation        [2]="<"
Trigger::Trigger_Checked_Value   [2]=0.1
Trigger::Trigger_Reaction        [2]="steerscalar"
Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Scalar      [2] = "CarpetRegrid2::radius[2]"
Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Scalar_Index[2] = 4
Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Scalar_Value[2] = "3.75"


Frank