Steve

Yes, they are almost working. Each a blocked by a single bug that we haven't found yet. (Okay, I'm not making a promise about the "single" part.) They are part of Carpet, and can be enabled by setting the parameter Carpet::processor_topology. The new ones are "recursive" and "balanced", written by Peter Diener and myself, respectively.

-erik


On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

Are these not-yet-working balancers almost-working? Where are they?

--Steve


On 03/15/2017 05:36 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Steve

No, there is unfortunately no such mechanism yet. We have two "new" (not yet working) load balancers in Carpet that would have this functionality, though. Debugging these might be the easiest way to go.

-erik


On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
I was thinking of trying to run Cactus on supermic and attempting to use
the mics. I'm not expecting to receive any speedup from doing so, but
I'm going to try.

One thing I'm wondering is whether I would receive a speedup if the mic
nodes had a different number of gridpoints than the CPUs (again, not
overly optimistic). Is there a way to tell a load balancer to give half
the nodes a larger share of gridpoints? If there isn't, how hard would
it be to create such a load balancer?

--Steve

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users



--




--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/