Roland

Once we experimented with and tested a system, I would likely be able to host a server here at Perimeter. However, to convince people here, I would need to point to some experience where people tried and liked the system.

-erik


On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
Hello all,

> Evo replacement:
> * Erik suggests using WebEx which is what PI uses internally (will try
> out for one of the next ET calls)
> * BigBlueButton: no one has experience, requires server setup
I tried their virtual machine and the test setup works for me (ie I can
joing the sample session when running it in a virtual machine). The
problem is the lack of a web-based interface to create new meetings
(there might be some in the demos folder but I have not looked).

Jonas Lippuner found http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/ which
might be an alternative though as BigBlueButton it requires a server and
someone willing to set it up and maintain it.

Yours,
Roland

--
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users




--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/