Hi Ian,I did make sure that all ports mentioned in the osx-macports.cfg file were done before attempting a build. I've followed your suggestion on rebuilding and have pasted the build log to http://pastebin.com/ka7c3QT5Thanks for your help.ComerOn Tue, May 19, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de> wrote:On 19 May 2015, at 21:03, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:I have tried to build the new release on my local macbook. I am running Yosemite and am using the optionlist for macports. Here is the part of the make which chokes:...Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:"MPI::Win::Free()", referenced from:vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_Carpet.a(helpers.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetEvolutionMask.a(evolution_mask.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetIOASCII.a(ioascii.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetIOBasic.a(iobasic.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetIOHDF5.a(Input.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Win in libthorn_CarpetIOHDF5.a(CarpetIOHDF5.cc.o)..."MPI::Comm::Comm()", referenced from:MPI::Intercomm::Merge(bool) const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Intracomm::Split(int, int) const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Intracomm::Create(MPI::Group const&) const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Graphcomm::Clone() const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Cartcomm::Clone() const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Intracomm::Clone() const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Intracomm::Create_graph(int, int const*, int const*, bool) const in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)..."MPI::Datatype::Free()", referenced from:vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_Carpet.a(helpers.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_CarpetEvolutionMask.a(evolution_mask.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_CarpetIOASCII.a(ioascii.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_CarpetIOBasic.a(iobasic.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_CarpetIOHDF5.a(Input.cc.o)vtable for MPI::Datatype in libthorn_CarpetIOHDF5.a(CarpetIOHDF5.cc.o)..."_ompi_mpi_cxx_op_intercept", referenced from:MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_PeriodicCarpet.a(periodic.cc.o)MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_Carpet.a(helpers.cc.o)MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_CarpetEvolutionMask.a(evolution_mask.cc.o)MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_CarpetIOASCII.a(ioascii.cc.o)MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_CarpetIOBasic.a(iobasic.cc.o)MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_CarpetIOHDF5.a(Input.cc.o)MPI::Op::Init(void (*)(void const*, void*, int, MPI::Datatype const&), bool) in libthorn_CarpetIOHDF5.a(CarpetIOHDF5.cc.o)...ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit statusmake[1]: *** [/Users/comerduncan/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim] Error 1make: *** [sim] Error 2Here is the build I did:simfactory/bin/sim build --optionlist=/Users/comerduncan/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-macports.cfgCan you please help me figure out what went wrong?Hi Comer,My guess would be that there might be more than one version of MPI installed, or something in the MPI configuration script didn't work quite right. Did you install all the ports recommended in the comment in the os-macports.cfg optionlist? Can you post the output from the full build? I suggest to remove the configurationrm -rf configs/simand then build, keeping all output:simfactory/bin/sim build --optionlist=osx-macports.cfg >build.log 2>&1You could then copy and paste build.log into http://pastebin.com and include the link in your reply (to avoid having a large attachment on the mailing list).
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users