Good morning.My name is Enzo Iubini and I'm a master's student from Chile currently working on binary black holes.
I want to use the Einstein Toolkit to create simulations, and I currently know how to create thorns (thanks to the tutorial) and run parfiles.
The problem is, this simulation returns several HDF5 files, for which I have some questions.
1. For example, the u.0.xz.h5 returns several files, one of which is 'LLAMAWAVETOY::u it=0 tl=0 m=0 rl=0' . My question is: What do 'it', 'tl' and 'rl' represent? I have several other files with different 'it' 's , I thought it meant "iteration" but each one of them has size (183,29) and I'm really confused as to how to interpret them.
2. Once I have my data, how do I plot them? I tried to understand all the data inside these folders, but I can't make sense of them. Tried to plot each one of these files based on what I thought they meant, but all I get is different 1-d wave plots and I can't make a 2d or 3d plot of them.
3. Also tried to use VisIt. Should I save these files and later upload them on VisIt? I'm trying to understand the data first so I can plot it later, but I'm having trouble understanding all of it overall.
I'm sorry if this is a lot of questions, I hope you can help me understand so I can manage to work further.
Thanks a lot for your time!
Best regards,
Enzo.