On 2 Dec 2013, at 06:54, Samuel Dupree <sdupree@speakeasy.net> wrote:

Please forgive me for cross posting this note on
users@einsteintoolkit.org and cactusmaint@cactuscode.org, but
maintainers@enisteintoolkit.org is not accepting any of my  email
messages. So with my apologies, permit me to proceed.

Hi Samuel,

maintainers is just for the maintainers to discuss problems with infrastructure such as mailing lists or accounts.  All questions should go to users@einsteintoolkit.org.  I'm not sure what cactusmaint is for.

I'm attempting to install EinsteinToolKit on a MacBook Pro running Mac
OS X ver. 10.9 (Mavericks).

In downloading the components for the EinsteinToolkit using
GetComponents of the latest release, I get the following warnings:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
  200 components checked out.
  0 components updated.

  Unable to process simfactory2
  Unable to process LSUThorns/Vectors
  Unable to process LSUThorns/PeriodicCarpet
  Unable to process LSUThorns/SummationByParts
  Unable to process LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures

Summary of Warnings:

Could not checkout module simfactory2
svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2013_11'
svn: E175002: OPTIONS of
'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2013_11':
Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted
(https://svn.cct.lsu.edu)

The problem is that the version of svn installed by xcode does not recognise the certificates.  I recommend to use a newer version of SVN, for example the one from macports.  In order to use the OS X optionlist in simfactory, you will need to install and use macports anyway.  

We should probably advertise this problem a bit more widely in the release notes.