Joe
I installed gsl using yum as indicated below.(Note: I didn't modify sl6.cfg at all)I'm not getting the error I was, but then I gotCreating hwloc-gather-topology.1 man page...CCLD lstopo-no-graphicsCCLD hwloc-assembler/usr/bin/ld:uca/bin/ld: cannot find -lzccollect2: ld returned 1 exit statusmake[3]: *** [lstopo-no-graphics] Error 1make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....make[3]: *** [hwloc-assembler] Error 1make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1CST error 1:-> Configuration script for thorn HWLOC returned exit code 1(no error message)hwloc selected, but HWLOC_DIR not set. Checking some places...I was able to get past that by installing hwloc-devel using yum as well.Now I'm getting some sort of complile errorCOMPILING /home/hellmersjl/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/Hydro_InitExcision/src/Hydro_InitExcision.cmake[3]: *** [announce.cc.o] Error 1make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2make[1]: *** [/home/hellmersjl/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Formaline.a] Error 2make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....COMPILING /home/hellmersjl/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/bindings/build/Hydro_InitExcision/cctk_ThornBindings.cCreating /home/hellmersjl/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Hydro_InitExcision.amake: *** [sim] Error 2Not sure what to try next.JoeOn Dec 12, 2012, at 8:04 PM, Barry Wardell wrote:On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
The difference here is that HDF5 is expected to be installed manually, which is much more work than e.g. "sudo apt-get install gsl".The starting point of the discussion was that there was another person using SL6, and problems ensued because GSL was expected to be installed, but this was not documented in the option list.OK, I have made the SL6 optionlist as generic as possible and included the relevant 'yum install gsl-devel' comments. If there are packages which I forgot to mention, please let me know.