Hi Ian,

Thanks for taking a look.   I have no problem with whomever seeing the script, so I am attaching it herein. If people see things wrong with the script, I am happy to hear about it.

I am having issues building the thorn.  I get a crash of the build with complaints about 

1. PTRACE_ATTACH, PTRACE_CONT, PTRACE_TRACEME

2. 'namespace CT_BrillAnalytic { }' redeclared as different kind of symbol,
 
3.  /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:28:83: error: 'GetBoundaryWidth' was not declared in this scope, 

4. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:223:84: error: 'sqrtdetg' was not declared in this scope,  

5. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:735:60: error: 'AssertGroupStorage' was not declared in this scope, 

6. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:737:56: error: 'EnsureStencilFits' was not declared in this scope, 

7. /Users/comerduncan/Cactus/arrangements/Cosmology/CT_BrillAnalytic/src/CT_BrillAnalytic.cc:739:49: error: 'LoopOverInterior' was not declared in this scope.

I am thus wondering whether there are other errors lurking in my script or, perhaps less probable other issues that Kranc has.  Note that I am using Mathematica 10.

I can of course put the log file for the build of the CT_BrillAnalytic thorn on pastebin or could email a compressed version, whichever is useful.  Just let me know.


Comer

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

On 1 Sep 2015, at 16:01, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a thorn I am constructing from a Kranc script. it compiles ok.  However, upon looking at its schedule.inc file there is a section in which apparently doubling up occurs. Here is the section:

schedule formgk AT CCTK_INITIAL before CT_MultiLevel
{
  LANG: C
  SYNC: CT_g
  READS: grid::x(Everywhere)
  READS: grid::y(Everywhere)
  READS: grid::z(Everywhere)
  READS: grid::x(Everywhere)
  READS: grid::y(Everywhere)
  READS: grid::z(Everywhere)
  WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g11(Interior)
  WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g12(Interior)
  WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g13(Interior)
  WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g22(Interior)
  WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g23(Interior)
  WRITES: CT_BrillAnalytic::g33(Interior)
} "formgk"


My question is how come there is a doubling of a READS grid::x(Everywhere) along with the same for y and z?  I don't see any problem in the script which obviously induces such behavior.  So, does this indicate that there is a problem somewhere or should I ignore the doubling of the READS for x, y, and z?  This script prepares initial data so this would not occur repeatedly.

Hi Comer,

This looks like a bug in Kranc.  Different parts of Kranc are probably contributing accesses to the coordinate variables, and Kranc is not de-duplicating them.  Since Cactus/Carpet currently don't look at these entries, it should be harmless for the moment.  I have created an issue on Kranc's issue tracker: https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/issues/131.  Would you be OK with sending me the script which has this problem, so I can attach it to the issue?  Note that this would make the script publicly-available.  If this is not OK, you can just send it to me privately.